Pages

Sunday 13 March 2011

Introducing... Veggie Lent

'Help, I've sprung a leek!'
By Chris,
To mix things up a little, we have decided to add a theme to our culinary adventures for the next few weeks. As the title suggests, we will be cooking only vegetarian meals during the weeks of Lent. Whilst the idea of going permanently veggie terrifies me (see right), I'm looking forward to this side-project for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, we have a couple of vegetarian friends and it would be nice to learn how to cook them something more interesting than a salad. Also, I like the idea of eating veggie meals more often and trying some exciting, unusual ingredients.

Last time I did this, I was 10 and hence I didn't have much of a say in the matter. This time we'll be relying on our usual library of recipe books for inspiration, but if you have any suggestions for meat-free meals, please share them with us and help us spare some animals from their usual, delicious, fate.

1 comment: